Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Great Friends in the Great Outdoors

Why do we always seem to put things off?  My best friend in the whole world has lived less than 45 minutes down the road from us for the past 2 years, and still we had trouble "finding time" to visit each other much.  Pitiful.  But funny -- how it'd been since Christmas since we'd last seen each other -- then let her announce that her house has sold & she's moving 5 hours away, and by-golly, we manage to get together 3 times within a two week period . . .  seriously?  I'm so ashamed and upset with myself.
And not just for what I've missed out on - but look at these three
they love each other too
The hubs even like each other . . . we just have no excuses  :)
So Cassie, I wish you the best on your newest adventure.  I enjoyed the times we did share while ya'll were NWAs.  :)  And I hope we do better in the future . . .
I love you dearest friend
Andrew planted me some knock-out rose bushes this year, and I LOVE THEM . . . so much so, that he planted me another one.  Yippee
Hunter took to the pool almost right where he left off last summer.  He was a bit hesitant at first (most likely due to the overkill in pool safety/drowning warnings from mommy) but after a little encouragement he was right back on track.
Notice the purplish-gray lips . . . the water has yet to warm up this year.  He begged me to get in insisting, through shivers & chattering teeth, that the "water is hot Mommy - not cold." hahaha Oh, but Mommy is a little too smart for that trick.
Once again Hunter LOVED the water slide at FAC, spending at least an hour doing it over and over again.  Can we say - early to bed that night?  I love what fun in the sun can do for children.
I am so enjoying our flowers this year.  Andrew is wonderful at bringing color & life to our yard . . . at least God blessed one of us with a green thumb.
I cannot get over how HUGE our River Birch tree has grown.  We planted it the summer after Hunter was born (3 years ago) and it has more than tripled in size.  So pretty.
Another 'bestie' came over to play with me & Hunter the other day . . .
Needless to say our children love each other   : )

But let all those who take refuge and put their trust in You rejoice; let them ever sing and shout for joy, because You make a covering over them and defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You and be in high spirits.
Psalm 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment