Monday, June 18, 2012

More than just a Bump

It seemed like it took FOREVER to make it back to 12 weeks after adjusting my due date backwards by 3.5 weeks.  Most likely due to the fact that from 8-12w4d, I stayed nauseated.  It was horrible.  Period.
But since then, it seems like the time is flying by . . .
At 12 weeks I was officially having to use the rubberband.
I celebrated our baby's 13th week in Mexico.
I also ate more than my share of fresh fruit, salty chips, and guacamole/pico de gallo.
. . . which I gained 5 more lbs & wore my last 2 piece in public for the summer
But unlike the usual dread of returning home from vacation, I was excited to see my little man & get to hear the baby's heartbeat, which was a blessing to my ears.  
13.5 weeks also marked the beginning of early Braxton Hicks contractions ( aka my stomach knots up like a hard & uncomfortable grapefruit ) Yippee
It wasn't so bad until after Hunter's birthday party (14 wks), when the contractions weren't really ceasing.  I got a squeege bit anxious, but after Googling, talking to friends, and resting & rehydrating on the couch for a while - I convinced myself everything was just fine.  A couple days later I had a check up just to confirm my research & dismiss my worries. (I also discovered I'd lost a couple of those Mexico lbs - woo hoo).  Sounds like I may have an irritable uterus and will just have to take it easy from time to time . . . & keep myself from getting dehydrated while enduring pregnancy in the summer heat.
Hunter has been sneaky lately, capturing some pretty funny photos of us with our IPhones . . . Thank you son for a real glimpse of Mommy's belly at 15 weeks
When the sickness disappeared, so did my extreme fatigue.  YEAH  Not that I don't get tired easily, but at least I can get some things done during the day and function past Hunter's bedtime.  haha  

17wk 2d:  FINALLY FELT THE BABY
I really expected to feel it sooner, considering everything I've read and heard about "feeling it sooner the 2nd time around."  I mean, it's quite possible I felt a few flutters here or there, but nothing I was DEFINITE about.  But it's official and the next evening I even saw it move and felt it with my hand. 3 days later momma was able to feel it also.  Love. It.

18 Weeks:
I convinced myself to take a few more pictures.
And though I realize I'm bigger (exactly 10lbs larger) and feel like I've grown, I was still surprised to SEE just how much.

8 weeks                 vs.               18 weeks
Baby is moving as I type.  :)  Ahhh . . . so precious

Note to self:

Oh this:  The on-going potty issue, I just hate waking up in the middle of the night.  The stretching ligament pains.  Skin pigmentation - thank you Hicks' women.  Forgetfulness, aka Pregnancy brain.  Being to big for normal clothes and yet not big enough for anything maternity.  Sleeping with extra pillows for comfort.  Eating Tums like they are candy (although this started much later with Hunter).  

New this time:  I quit taking my pre-natel vitamin around 10 weeks after realizing it made me nauseous every single time, even Hunter's gummy-V.  Luckily I tried a new gummie-Prenatel V at 16 weeks and so far so good . . . I'm also eating cold deli meat.  There, I said it.  I crave it, and don't want it nuked in the microwave.  I'm just praying for God to protect me & baby from that awful Listeria . . .  I'm now realizing the hardships & strain of carrying around a 30lb child who still begs for Mommy to carry him places, on top of an ever growing belly . . .  Last time I had the AWESOME side effect of not shedding any hair while pregnant.  Of course, it all fell out a few months after Hunter was born, but during pregnancy my hair was thick & full & so nice.  No such luck this time, I'm still shedding.  Boo . . .   And probably the WORST new side effect - the inability to maintain full bladder control when sneezing or coughing; which has been horrible considering the fact that I've just endured one of the worst "coughing colds" of my life . . .  But then probably the BEST *new thing* this pregnancy - talking about the new baby with my little man.  :)  
**After showing this video to Hunter of 'our baby' from BabyCenter the other day, his only comment was, "Mommy - his pickle is looooong."  hahaha  Once I could finally contain my laughter, I explained to him what an umbilical cord is.  ;)   

Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God.
Job 37:14

No comments:

Post a Comment