Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Activities - Activities - Activities

Summer is in full swing and I'm so excited.  Even though it doesn't change life around our house too much, I still get that 'Yeah - Summer is here' feeling from when it did change life . . . and so in some weird kind of way, it changes life now.  hahaha--getting deep there, or maybe its just the fact that there are so many new activity options waiting for us to explore after being cooped up in the house all winter long.  Either way - I'M ECSTATIC SUMMER IS HERE
By no means, will this be the last summer I spend with my little man, but in some ways I feel like it's an extra special one since it'll be our last summer -- without a baby brother.  We're having a blast already, and summer has only just begun, but after thinking about how many fun things I want to do with Hunter this summer, I sat down and made a list so that my pregnancy brain wouldn't forget . . . Hopefully we'll get to experience them all (and several more than just once).  
Woo-Hoo
I also sorted through my list of "Pins" on Pinterest and picked a few of them for us to try.  Hunter has been just as enthusiastic as I've been about each one of them.  I love to get him excited about something & then share in the joy of whatever it is, together.  It's a warm, satisfying, and fulfilling 'mommy moment' to know I've helped create that joy & happiness in my child.  Anyways, we've tried out several fun ideas over the past month . . .
We've practiced fine motor skills with blocks & tongs
and driving skills with a mommy-made roadway system
 (this is what my living room looks like every single day . . . trucks, trucks, and trucks)
We discovered the science of freezing water
Probably Hunter's favorite of the week . . . He so enjoyed being allowed to use Daddy's tools to excavate his toys from the frozen block of ice 
Though after wearing himself out chipping away for quite a while, he discovered the science of melting the ice as well  :)  So much faster & easier to pour a little pool water in that bucket . . . 
We had our first experience with reverse finger painting
First time to paint outside . . . and after realizing how quick & easy cleanup is with a water hose, I may have a difficult time ever moving it back indoors
 Masterpieces
We also made boats out of egg crates
 And even floated them down a home-made river
We've played with sidewalk chalk
 practiced "matching" shapes
and learned how to hop scotch
Besides all of the little activities we've been enjoying around the house, it's been great to get out & about too.  Already we've:
Burned some good energy being able to tumble & jump at Gymnastic Joe's
He loves that foam pit - not an ounce of fear
We've enjoyed singing, dancing, reading, and crafts during trips to Toddler Time at the library . . .
We've swam . . . 
And Swam . . . 
And swam some more . . . 
 We've played at the park . . . 
We've celebrated birthdays . . .
We've hunted bears
 And we've endured multiple brain freezes from Tropical Smoothie
 
Like I said, so far it's been an awesome summer . . . and I'm so excited to see what we produce during the rest of it.

This is what the Lord God showed me: behold, a basket of summer fruit.
Amos 8:1

No comments:

Post a Comment