Thursday, June 7, 2012

Last Day of KDO

Seems like yesterday . . . 
So sweet and toddler-ish, still in diapers (or "bi-pers" as he still refers to them), all pumped about going to his very 1st day of Kids Day Out.
 OHH that precious face -- It's hard for me to think he's really even grown that much, until I look back at pictures . . .
 or try to put these clothes back on him after winter passes. (those little shorts were pinned in the back just to hold them up that day . . . )
 9 Months Later
Last Day of Kids Day Out
from a toddler to a little boy . . .  still so precious
No Thursday morning was ever the same, but most followed the same routine which included me waking my little man up because of course he always slept in on those days . . . then rushing him around trying to force some sort of breakfast item down him, then battling it out over brushing teeth/combing hair/getting dressed/wearing the clothes I picked out/putting shoes on & finally getting into his carseat - at which point we were always at least 15 minutes late and I was worn out.  We then spent the 6 minute drive to church going over how much fun he was going to have and using his manners of yes/no mams, not fighting with our friends & how to handle issues (mostly sharing toys) that might arise, and then a general overview of how his day would flow (because I learned my child needed this);  drop off, play time, snack, stories & songs, playroom/playground play, lunch, rest-don't have to sleep-time, and summing it up with "remember, mommy ALWAYS comes back to get you."  Then it was hugs & kisses at the door -- and off he'd go to play -- happily, almost every time by the 2nd semester.  Then 5 VERY SHORT hours later I was picking him up . . . probably my favorite part of the entire day because he was always so happy and excited to see me, and showing me what craft he made and telling me all about his day . . .  ohhh, such preciousness
 1st School Picture
Teachers: Lauren Henley & Melanie Taylor
Back Row: Mairesse Rianto, Hunter Williams, Ava Milbrodt, Joslin Johnston,
Katherine Moore, Joshua Dorman
Front Row: Aaron Freund, Layton Elleman, Avery Allen, Rebekah Simmons


It's been a great year, and Hunter had two truly wonderful teachers.  I loved hearing about things he had learned at school:
-- His "school" prayer (God is great, God is good . . . )
-- Colors (no pink, that's a girls color)
-- Alphabet (em-i-nino-p, next time sing wif me)
-- Manners (Me: wait just a minute  Hunter: I need patience Mommy?)
-- Reading (he likes to read to other kids & stuffed animals by sitting in front of them & turning the book facing them)
-- Nap/Rest Time (always a work in progress, but now understands & participates in being quiet & some what still for about an hour if needed)
-- Songs ("Head, shoulders, knees & toes", " . . . turtle, his name was Tiny Tim", and several others we're not sure of like "shake my body/booty" and "the teddy bear song"
-- And so many other things, this list could go on for days . . .

I wanted to do a little something special for his teachers, so Hunter and I practiced making his S'more Trail Mix (that we'd be having at his birthday party).
We tied it up in these cute little bags that I sent along with a Thank You & gift card.
I'm going to miss having those couple of hours a week to get all my errands ran, but it'll be nice not having that battle every week  ;) Besides, no school means -- 
IT'S SUMMER TIME
Thank you Ms. Lauren & Ms. Melanie for a great year and may God bless you both for your faithful, servant hearts.

"He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."
Jeremiah 17:8

No comments:

Post a Comment