Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

We've been gearing up for Valentine's Day for several days now . . . Hunter picked out the Smarties and 'Chuck the Dump Truck' valentines all by himself
- and was very proud of them 
(the raspberry tongue is a new addition to our daily vocabulary - thank you Granny)
 And I may-or-may-not have been just as, if not more, excited than my child to do these Valentines for his friends at Kids Day Out.  It brought back warm fuzzies from my childhood.  :)
 Hunter helped out all of 2 minutes before moving on to something else more entertaining - hahaha
But not without convincing me first that I needed to "share" a couple Smarties with him - because of course we did say that they were meant to "share wif my fwiends."
 He knows he's a little "smartie"
 I admit in retrospect, that my vision & expectations of Hunter and I doing Valentine activities was a bit high.  And the fact that he was feeling a little puny didn't help matters.  I did think he'd enjoy dipping the pretzels and making White Popcorn Stuff for his teachers, a little more than he did though. . .
!! KDO Valentine's Day Party !!
Too bad my little guy woke up feeling even crumbier than the day before . . .  no party for us.  :(  so much for preparation
 But after a good breakfast, a steamy shower, 3 different medications, and some tlc from Mommy - he finally gave me a smile and agreed that we should at least deliver our treats to school.
 After Hunter's KDO friends and teacher's were taken care of, we moved on to Grandparents . . .
 Saturday Andrew and I attended a NWA Marriage Seminar, "The Art of Love & Intimacy."  It was completely free, with really knowledgeable and interesting speakers, that included a delicious dinner & dessert!  We learned a few things that we want to try to implement into out marriage but more than anything it was fun to go to an event together and meet up with friends for a really enjoyable evening.  Seriously - the only picture we took of the evening was of Andrew's dinner plate.  LOL - we've got to start taking pictures of "us" again rather than just our little man . . . HA!  In fact, Andrew was asking for a recent picture to put on his desk and besides a few in front of the Christmas tree in our pjs we haven't had any decent ones in forever!!  I'm going to work on this .
 Pa came up to watch Hunter for us and brought him a special Valentine's present - a puppy & Reeces Cups.   Hunter couldn't have been happier!!
 For family night this week Hunter and I made a V-Day cake, which he kept calling a heart birthday cake . . .  he never seemed to understand the difference so we quit trying to explain.
 However, he did L-O-V-E helping me decorate it with sprinkles.
  . . . and he may have snuck a lick or two before I caught him.   :)
 The big day!
Andrew took off work a little early and went shopping with Hunter to find me a special "prize."  He was absolutly adorable telling me, "Mommy - twose yous eyes!"  He helped lead me into the kitchen and said, "Otay - open yous eyes!  Yous prize!"  To which he started jumping up and down with excitement over.  HAHA - it was too precious for words . . .
Andrew said Hunter insisted that I needed this balloon and these Reeces.  :)
( I did, by the way, love on and thank my big man too.  Hunter is just too little to snap the pictures. hehe)
 He loved his card from Grandmommy & Pops
 And was THRILLED to get new bath crayons from Mommy & Daddy, and immediately had to take a bath to try them out . . .
It was a wonderful day and I am SO BLESSED to have such amazing love from my two precious Valentines.  I love you both!!  Happy Valentine's Day!!

For God so LOVED the world that he gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 
John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment