Friday, August 26, 2011

New Camera + Old Home = Sweet Memories

I FINALLY DID IT!!  I decided on & purchased a new camera... It's a Sony Nex-5.  I wanted the quality & functions of a DSLR with the size & ease of a compact and I couldn't be more pleased!  I can't wait to learn all it's features and tricks!!  We've had the best time "getting to know" each other so far!  :)  Here are a few snapshots I took to celebrate!! (Yes, Dinner was as good as it looks!)
We recently took a trip to Russellville and enjoyed a great visit with the family.  While we were there I took Hunter and some of the cousins up to our childhood home to swim & play.  I always get a little sentimental with that feeling of "being home" and I will always cherish the millions of wonderful memories that were shared there.  It's funny how differently I see this house, yard, etc - now that I'm "all grown up."  One, I realize how big it is and how much time & effort it really did take momma to keep it up... and how gorgeous the yard is, and how much time & effort it took dad to keep it up...  I also realize how much I MISS TREES!!!  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my home - But I would love to have a back yard full of trees one day, where I couldn't see anyone else's rooftop.  (and a beautiful little creek running alongside the house would be nice too)  :)   Anyways, while we were there I took the opportunity to play with my camera some more...

Classic...
Ahh, sweet memories...  Looking back at these pictures I can't help but see my childhood.  I think if I spent some time digging through old photos I would find a few of me & Colt looking just like Gracie & Hunter playing in the creek and running through the grass...
Mom's pretty rose bush started by her dear friend Martha...  And of course my little boy found a little friend for himself... (I have to admit that being so tiny, the turtle was kinda cute)
I couldn't resist the photo op of Hunter, where Colt and I have had SO MANY pictures taken over the years especially those special occasions like Easter, 1st Days of School...  Besides, I just love any time my handsome little man is up for me taking his picture!!


Yes, the Lord hears the good man when he calls to Him for help, and saves him out of all his troubles. The Lord is close to those whose heart is breaking; He rescues those who are humbly sorry for their sins. The good man does not escape all troubles - he has them, too. But the Lord helps him in each and every one.
Psalm 34:17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment