Saturday, August 6, 2011

"Da"

My Daddy’s Hand

Daddy, Take my hand in yours and you will plainly see,
How very much I need you now, to love and care for me.
As my little hand grows, I will need you even more,
Everything I do in life, I have never done before.
Teach me to be kind and loving, sharing and forgiving,
Show me through your acts of love the pure joy of living.
The years will pass by quickly and one day I will be grown,
I will pass what you have taught me onto children of my own.
Hold me always in your thoughts and remember when we are apart,
The special love between a child and a daddy's heart.
Love You Big Much 'Da'
 Your lil man - Hunter Steele

Hunter loves his "Da"... who he has recently switched to calling "Da-yeee."  They are truly best buds.  I absolutely love watching the two of them enjoying each other; whether its playing ball or pushing "Big Trucks" around, or wrestling and playing rough & tough as boys like to do.  Andrew is so good to include his little tag-along when he's trying to get things done around the house or yard.  Hunter thinks he is a big helper and be it watering the yard or handing him tools, he wants to be right in the middle of all the action!
This year we went to Russellville for Father's Day weekend.  So of course we had to visit one of our hometown favorites - Stoby's!!  This was Hunter's 1st experience and was SUPER excited about getting to eat in a train car and blowing the train whistle!  When we were seated and he spotted the toy train circling the room, he started squealing and screaming so loud "YEAH - CHOO CHOO!"  Of course the place was packed, so we got alot of looks & laughs... 
Hunter got to spend a little QT with my dad too!  He's crazy about his Pa - and especially loves his 'Big Truck!"  So an afternoon spent washing the big truck with Pa = Heaven!!  I'm so thrilled God gave me a child who adores both of my parents the way he does... It's such a precious miracle in itself to share & love him with all of the special people in my life.
So Happy Father's Day to my Dad, I love you
And a very special Father's Day wish to my Husband, the most amazing father to our precious little boy... who I am so thankful for.   I love you Huge GINORMOUS Much!



"The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice; he who fathers a
wise son will be glad in him."
Proverbs 23:24

No comments:

Post a Comment