Saturday, July 7, 2012

Celebrating Our Freedom

We started celebrating Independence Day a little early this year, when we joined several friends at Cross Church's Fireworks Extravaganza.
Andrew and I almost backed out because of the crazy heat but decided to tough it out with the rest of the crowd . . . and we were so glad we did.  By the time we got out there, it was really quite nice.
The kids had a blast running around and playing in the huge field.
Getting darker . . .  it's almost fireworks time
This was Hunter's 3rd year for fireworks.  At 1, he was content to watch and even fell asleep during the show, and then last year he was amazed by it all, loving every minute of it -- so of course this year I expected the same.  I guess the difference was the fact that he couldn't really remember what fireworks were . . . so his anxiety over what was to come got the better of him for a moment, although I think it affected almost all the kids in that age group.  
But after about 3 shots, my little man's tears & fears had totally disappeared and he was smiling from ear to ear.  (haha - that rhymed & made me smile)  
I think all the kids decided they liked them this year.
After the grand finale, Hunter pleaded to get to see it again.  :)
I'm glad he decided to enjoy them.
Happy 4th of July
We started the morning with a BUBBLE GUN
Needless to say . . . we both had fun
God blessed us with a beautifully sunny (hot-hot-hot) day.  So as Andrew & I were giving our thirsty plants a drink, I took a moment to appreciate their gorgeousness.  
My new baby (2nd) Knock-Out Rose Bush is finally blooming so very pretty
My hubby has done such a great job creating a little oasis for us to enjoy
Two of my favorite perennials -- and not just because they are so pretty, they attract butterflies too
We swam in the morning . . .
After lunch . . .
And again that evening . . . 
What better way to celebrate the day, than with friends & a pool
(Possibly the cutest picture that will ever be captured of baby Landon)  
Oh.  My.  Goodness. 
Proof that all the mommies swam 
(and watched the kids so the daddies could play basketball)
My Hydrangeas finally bloomed -- So I threw together a little 4th of July inspired centerpiece
 Next best thing to celebrating with awesome FRIENDS . . . 
Celebrating with delicious FOOD
 YUM-YUM-YUM
 We even had festive home-made snow cones
my only group picture . . . and it's blurry   :(
 Time for my favorite firework - Sparklers
 Most of the kids really enjoyed them
 But the biggest hit  --  Poppers
 We ended the day with Fayetteville's firework show at the mall
 (I love how Hunter is turning into a mini-man . . . so sweet)
It was another great 4th of July.  Such a wonderful time to celebrate our freedom and our many many blessings.  
Thank you Lord for our freedoms, both here and in You.

God Bless the USA and all those who serve & protect it

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.  
2 Corinthians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment