Monday, September 24, 2012

Labor Day Weekend 2012

Good-Bye Summer . . .
I'm not sure what difference a day makes, but I've always thought of Labor Day Weekend as the official end to summer.  
I'm sad for summer to be over (since I look forward to its warm, sunny, & long days all year long) but I'm also very excited to welcome my next favorite season 
YEAH FOR FALL
And what says Fall better than Razorback Football??
WOOOO - PIG - SOOEY
And well, busting at the seems as I am, we opted for air condition & the comfort of our home to cheer on our beloved Hogs during their first game this year
It's always fun to have friends over - but then typically I miss the entire game because us girls are too busy chatting about everything else - hahaha   Good thing we have husbands & replays to keep us up to speed  :)
(these were supposed to be their "tough" looks. But instead I just think they look bored or aggravated) HA 
We also celebrated Davin's 32nd birthday, along with our 1st VICTORY of the season.
GO -- HOGS -- GO
(I couldn't help but reflect back . . . wow how fast they grow)
 Our 5 "little piggies" excited & patiently waiting for some cake.

September 2, 2012
Celebrating 6 Years of Marriage
This was my oh-so-clever-hand-made "card" Andrew gave to me . . .   Have to say it made me laugh, which was what made me fall in love with him in the first place.  Glad he can still make me smile  :)
And after 6 years of marriage, 2 amazing little boys, 2 different homes, several job changes, numerous difficult life challenges, and countless precious memories made. . . 
We are Blessed & Thankful beyond measure
 We sent Hunter to Russellville to visit both sets of Grandparents for a couple days while we tackled some projects around the house that needed to be completed (free from the guilt our little guy can lay on  us with his, "You wanna pway wif me now?" line).  We worked our tails off and then celebrated all of our accomplishments, both from the day & over the years, with dinner and one of our favorite desserts.
Amongst the projects, we managed to squeeze in some down time too - Andrew played golf & I savored my last pool day (CHILD FREE) Like I said, I don't know what it is about Labor Day but something just happens and for whatever reason, we never get in the pool after the holiday).  I think it was only the 2nd time all summer I've been in the pool without my little man splashing around -- which allowed me to float on a raft and even finish the final book of the Hunger Games trilogy. 
Such a great weekend.
 While reading "Mockingjay," I was also able to enjoy this sweet bird that kept visiting me.  :)  I LOVE watching those tiny little Hummingbirds.
With all the rain we've been blessed with during the last couple weeks, our yard has come to life again . . . such a peaceful joy
Happy 6th Anniversary Babe
Only 6??  hahaha.  I mean, we sure have done alot in such a short length of time.  :)  I can't even imagine what the next 6 will bring - Craziness!  I love that we've had our ups & downs and highs & lows, and we've continued to grow stronger & closer through it all. (proof from our marriage assessment quiz - lol)  I cherish every memory we've made together and will forever be thankful that God gave me you to share them all with.  You are still the "tall, dark, & handsome" man I married, but with so many countless extras I've discovered over the years.  You take care of our family in every way and are a better father than I ever could have prayed or hoped for.  Thank you for choosing me to share life's journey with.  
I love you -- Always & Forever

Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in obedience to Him.
You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table. 
Yes, this will be the blessing for the man who fears the Lord.
May the LORD bless you from Zion all the days of your life; 
May you see the prosperity of Jerusalem, and may you live to see your children's children.
Psalm 128

No comments:

Post a Comment