Sunday, March 4, 2012

LOVED February

February usually isn't one of my favorite months.  Typically it's cold and snowy, and I really start getting the itch for nice spring weather.  But this year it's been quite the opposite!  Besides suffering bouts of illness (possibly the worst stomach bug of my life!  Sending Andrew to the hospital and bringing momma up to rescue us both, only to get herself sick as well), it was a pretty great month!  Days of gorgeous weather and lots of fun to keep us busy!

Andrew enjoyed "the World's Tallest Ice Cream Cone" (at least in NWA)
Unlike last years 2 ft of snow, we've enjoyed several days with 65+ weather. 
 Hunter loved "sthnuggling da warm chair."
We've spent a couple beautiful days at a new park we recently discovered
Before we headed outside to play on one of our nice days, I told Hunter that we needed to "get ready" to go outside - meaning put on our shoes.  He came running back to me a few minutes later "Weady to doe."
We even wore SHORTS IN FEBRUARY and it couldn't have tickled me more.  Hunter & I spent a lovely day playing with friends in the backyard and soaking up some much needed vitamin D.
and my child was introduced to silly bands.  loves. them.
We've become regulars for 'Story Time' at our local library, where we often meet up with our friends Ava & Kellen.

Hunter loves his "best fwiend Ava."  They are so sweet together - this particular day, they held hands the entire hour !
I love the expression on Hunter's face - hahaha - 
like "watch it man, she's mine."   too funny.
 Hunter's favorite part of the library is picking out books. I bring our big library bag and let him just fill it up - he gets so excited over it !  He always reminds me that we have to "pay for dem" before we leave though.
Another favorite for the kiddos is Craft Time - I think it's so cute how there is a different theme every week for their stories, songs, and crafts.
Another gorgeous day took us from the library to the park, a great opportunity to let the kids swing and the mommas visit . . . as it turned out, Hunter enjoyed visiting while I had fun on the swings.
We can't ever visit the park without feeding the ducks!  Good thing miss Jill remembered the bread!
One piece of bread for the ducks . . . one piece of bread for Ava!  
There are moments as a parent that make you cry, there are moments that make you squirm in your seat, there are moments that make you laugh, and then there are moments that make you proud . . . So sweet to see my little man share his last piece with a friend.  :)
I don't have to point out that they had a great time
------- Picture Day at Kid's Day Out -------
I couldn't resist taking a mini photo shoot, just in case my stinker refused to flash that sweet smile
I know I'm partial . . . but I can't help but think my baby boy is turning out to be a handsome little boy!
With such nice weather, we've been grilling a few dinners outback, and during one of these evenings Hunter insisted I come outside too.  So he led me out and pointed to the sky and said "Look Mommy, it's pretty blue!"
It sure was . . .
Something else we've been enjoying the last couple months, is "looking at land."  Andrew & I are very different when it comes to most of the activities that each of us enjoys, but "dreaming" has always been a favorite pass time for us to do together.  During one of our trips we grabbed some doughnuts as a special treat for Hunter -- "oh my doodness" was he a happy little boy.
Until he crashed from his sugar high a couple hours later . . .
But a walk through the woods helped perk him up pretty quickly  :)
----- We celebrated Peyton -----
This was an extra special birthday for our sweet niece, as she not only turned 7 but was baptized, publicly signifying her relationship with Jesus Christ.  It was such a precious day.
It was also wonderful to enjoy it with lots of family present
The cousins had a blast as always . . .
Easton showed us his beautician skills (it's  just what happens with three sisters)
Of course my "only-child" enjoyed himself, by himself, in a room full of new toys
Everybody had a blast taking a swing . . .
(sometimes I look at him and he just looks so grown up -- ohh how fast it goes by)
. . . and everybody ended up with too much candy
Hunter sure loves his cousin Peyton.  And I love the fact that every once in a while I catch a glimpse of her in my little man.  It's gotta be those big chocolate brown eyes.
Hunter has been in need of some new "play shoes" for some time now, so when I saw these the other day for $10 I snatched them up.  I'm not a big fan of athletic shoes, so pretty much anything decent & at a good price will work for the wear & tear of outside play.  But what is so cute, is how proud my little man is of them!  He calls them his, "run fast shoes," and loves to show them off.  :)  Right after he got them we had attended a play date at a gym, where he very excitedly announced to all his friends & mommies, that he'd got new "run fast shoes at Wal-Mart" because his "udder ones too widdle" ---  hahaha --- Oh how I'd love to believe that he's never going to care if his shoes aren't name brand, and just be thankful to have them.  
Too sweet.
He seems to be reaching a new mile stone in life where he plays much better by himself.  It's been really nice to be able to work on things around the house while watching him completely enjoying his toys, using his imagination, and (I just noticed recently) having conversations/talking play with his animals etc.  I just love the cute little voices he uses . . .
He loves to call "Pa & Untle Tote" and have conversations about the farm
He often cooks me delicious meals and loves to wait on & serve me.  
But only after trips to "Wal-Mart" to get more food  :)
Grandmommy gave him these super cute new shoes --- So of course he had to show them to his friend Ava at school the next day
He got another hair cut . . . although much needed, it turned out a little "fun."  Luckily his hair grows really fast, so hopefully we can even it out a bit more --- if the little booger will sit for it  ;)  He did so good before those clippers started buzzing around his ears - HA
Showing off his big muscles
A glimpse that spring is starting early - I sure hope we don't have a late freeze   :(
So as it turned out, I LOVED February.  And I am so very thankful for all of the beautiful memories and moments God's grace allowed for me to enjoy.

Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you . . .
James 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment