Thursday, March 8, 2012

Weekend Slumber Party with My Girls of '02

Girls, girls girls . . .

I'd been looking forward to this occasion, an entire weekend spent with some of my favorite girls, for months . . . or years really.  Because to be honest, over the last 10 years ( I still can't believe that it's been 10 years ) although we've tried to stay in contact, visit each other, and plan get togethers - it's JUST HARD to make it happen - and typically we get a few hours of catching up and then it's hugs goodbye for another 6 months - or until the next wedding, baby shower, etc.
We started planning this weekend back in October and I was beyond ready for it to get started.  I hadn't hosted a 'sleep-over' in years and my husband even teased me about how excited I was about it ( possibly even more than the vacations we'd been planning )  
So first I dropped Hunter off in Russellville with grandparents for the weekend . . .
Where he seemed to have had an AWESOME time with Grandmommy & Pops, and (pretend) camping at the farm with his Pa.
 Not sure that was what Pa had in mind when he asked Hunter to nail in the stakes
 First time in his life he couldn't wait to go to bed - LOL
 I'd say my little man can snap a pretty good picture for 2 years old
 hard at work around camp
 when nature calls . . .
 2 weeks late and he's still talking about his camping trip at the farm . . .
Then after sending my hubby away on a ski trip with his buddies,
I spent the rest of the afternoon preparing for an amazing and FULL weekend with the girls!  We decided that everyone would bring snacks, drinks, & desserts and then we'd split up meal preparations -- so I went to the store intending to purchase some healthier treats but could't resist falling back into old high school habits and went for the chips, dips, brownies, and Kool-Aid.  As it turned out, just about everyone else did the same thing.  Oh well - healthy diets & girls' weekends don't really mix anyways.
Mallory provided a straight from the heart, delicious homemade cake to celebrate
Everyone arrived just as EXCITED & PUMPED as I was
After a late late night spent catching up on each others lives, 
and literally eating for what felt like 24 hours straight, ( not forgetting witnessing the fastest trip to Whole Foods in the history of man kind - although not quite fast enough ) 
we thought it'd be fun to burn some energy and take a trip up to Crystal Bridges to enjoy it's beauty on such a gorgeous sunny day.
We were thrilled that Courtney made it up that morning, even if just for the day -- giving us a total of 2 prego mommies.

 LC of course provided us with some old school, but awesome, 'burned' cds, so we could grove to the tunes of our glory days.
After a thorough pat down and a reading of our rights, we were finally allowed to make our way around the beautiful Crystal Bridges.   ;)
Much prettier than my ability allowed me to capture . . .  
Lauren was thrilled to pose 18 inches away from her mighty hero.
 It didn't take us long to realize that, with 8 girls on a mission to enjoy each other in conversation and laughter, we might need to move the party elsewhere.  So we headed outside and made a plan for the rest of the evening.  Is it just me or did one friend make it in every single picture ? ?  hmmmm
Of course all that we could come up with to do was . . .  head home for an afternoon snack & more girl talk ---- I love that we can happily just sit around and enjoy good company ---- we're such grown-ups !
 We ended a terrific day with a delicious dinner at Noodles.  Nothing better than good food & great friends all at the SAME TIME.
 I also love our comfort levels with each other -- you can't beat life long friends.
 We even scored a second group photo for the weekend - yeah
 Sunday brought yet another yummy meal and of course more love & laughter among friends.  And as much as we hated to say our good-byes, all good things must come to a ". . . to be continued."   :)
I was excited to share a little parting gift with my sweet friends, who had all made such an effort to make this weekend work ( a starter kit to their own homemade laundry detergent, from where else but Pinterest ).
I know I'm partial, but I think I have the prettiest, sweetest, smartest, & most amazing group of girl friends on this earth.  We counted it up this weekend, and we've been a collection of "friends" for at least 17 years now, many of us longer than that . . . how amazing. 

So to all my Russellville girls - Class of 2002 - it was a wonderful and blessed weekend to get to spend together with you.  I value and love all of you, each for your own special & unique qualities and friendships.  As we grow up and expand our lives with new families, new jobs, new places, and even new friends -- it's so wonderful to come back "home" to those who you truly know and who truly know you.  It's been an adventure !!  Thank you for sharing your lives with me and for your deepest friendships.  
LOVE YOU ALL TO PIECES

"Love must be sincere.  Hate what is evil;  cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love.  Honor one another above yourselves."
Romans 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment