Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas . . .

Oh the joys of decorating!!  I absolutely love this time of year - the warmth from cozy blankets & fireplaces, sweaters & scarves, glowing lights and holiday cheer . . .  (after the two grueling days it takes me to transform my home, that is.  HA!)  Andrew enjoys giving me a hard time over my amount of decor, plus the time & effort it takes to do it all, but I'm quick to remind him that I don't think getting up at 4 am to sit on a freezing deer stand every weekend is even remotely fun either ;)  It may be alot of work in the beginning, but it's well worth the effort!!!
Hunter was a BIG "help"
Of course Christmas Tree decorating led to constructing a trailer for his vehicle . . . my little engineer :)
Taking a break for puzzles by the fire (possibly because half of our strands from last year quit working and it was going to take a trip to wal-mart to finish)
Big Elf & Little Elf assisting Mommy with decorating the top
"Rudolf" was a gift from Grandmommy during Hunter's first Christmas season.  He was so excited when he discovered him tucked away in one of the boxes . . .  
(and yeah - batteries are finally getting low)
So after a couple of busy-messy days (and with the help of Kids Day Out) we settled down and enjoyed the coziness of Home.
One of my favorite winter treats, Popcorn Balls (minus the balls), has been a long standing family favorite from when I was little bitty.  Hunter is a big fan and really enjoys making them with me - though he prefers his marshmallows unmelted. 
Ooey Gooey marshmallows & butter . . . drizzled over hot popcorn . . .  
AND a good book . . . ahhhh
We had our first snow for the year!  We woke up to a beautiful layer of glistening white fluff and Hunter was SO EXCITED!  He kept starring out the windows and saying "Wook Mommy - Snow! Mommy see dat? Snow!!"  Absolutely precious.
I never realized before having a child, that one of the many joys I'd be blessed with would be the ability to relive joy and excitement as if it were new to me also.  Sometimes I laugh at myself for how much JOY I receive from Hunter's smallest joy.
I'm thankful that even though Mommy had to be at work this day, Grandmommy stepped up and withstood the freezing cold (and effort it takes to bundle & then unbundle a 2 year old) and let him "pway ou-side for da-bit-it-dit."   
This time of year often gets so busy, I love to stop and appreciate the simple quiet moments that truly make this life wonderful . . .

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 
Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment