Saturday, November 26, 2011

Trick-or-Treat Birthday

This year Hunter dressed up as a baby Warewolf ( aka bear ) for Halloween.  I thought he looked adorable in it and even better - he loved it too. So even though I feel like it's kind of a waste to buy something he's only going to wear once of twice. . .  I couldn't resist - but it was on sale!!  :)
The furry gloves were his favorite part of the ensemble. 
He was too concerned about what Dora & Boots had going on than giving me much attention . . .
Though somehow I managed to get one precious smile out of my Hunter-Bear
So for Halloween this year, maybe we didn't "dress up" but we all participated in the plaid flannel theme
Even Grandmommy joined in on the fun!
My two brown-eyed bears
When friends would ask if we were taking Hunter trick-or-treating, all I could do was laugh.  Are you kidding??  Take my son to a strangers front door to ask for candy??  Yeah, riiiiight....  Not in a million years was that going to go smoothly.  HA! 
So we went with the alternative - Cross Church's Blocktoberfest.  It was fantastic, even better than we could have hoped for.  The crowds that we'd heard about from the night before had all gone trick-or-treating I guess, because we pretty much had free reign of the park.  There were carnival games set up for the kids to win candy & prizes, and SO MANY rides for the little kids, as well as the big ones!  Hunter was pumped from the get-go and hid his shyness relativly well most of the night.  Him, Ava, and Parker bounced from one ride to the next, in between visiting the petting zoo and the bouncy house (probably Hunter's favorite activity of the night).  I hope they continue this event so we can go back next year!   
Ava & Hunter were BEYOND excited about riding all of the rides.  There was no having to talk these two into anything.
Oh no . . . he seems to love the thrill of motorcycles like his daddy
My little man wasn't afraid of ANY of the rides - so we rode them all!!
"Hands Up!"  Gotta teach 'em early  :)
Oh the fun of anticipation & waiting . . .
Davin, Stacy, and their sweet little strawberries joined in on the fun too!
 
Even itty-bitty Parker loved the rides! And was even brave enough to ride them by herself since big sister Payton was a little too scared this year . . .
These two loved to drive the "choo-choo twain" around the "twacks" - definitely a favorite of the night
Boys and guns . . . it's like they're drawn to each other
They played carnival games and won lots of treats!  Naturally Hunter had to be strongly encouraged in the beginning, but got the hang of it in no time!  Good thing he's showing signs of having his daddy's (and not mommy's) coordination and skills.
And the final product . . . "YahTandy!"
We also celebrated my 28th birthday!
I had to be at work rather than spending my special day being with my little man, but my co-workers were sweet enough to celebrate it with a cookie cake - YUM!  And since mom was here watching Hunter, Andrew & I took the opportunity to grab lunch together at one of our favorite chinese restaurants for some always delicious General Tso's chicken & fried rice.  Then, my sweet momma had dinner and a clean house waiting on me when I came home for the evening . . . plus a home-made birthday cake & card that my little man assisted with.  :)  He was very proud! 
 
27 was a wonderful year and I'm so excited to see what 28 brings.  God has blessed my life in countless ways, and I thank Him for every bit of it - family, friends, health, and happiness.  So . . . "late twenties" - bring it on!  :)

For through wisdom your days will be many, and years will be added to your life.
Proverbs 9:11 

No comments:

Post a Comment