Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fall Family Reunions

We've had a couple WONDERFUL family reunions this fall.  Each of them have been from Andrew's side of the family; one with the Williams' and the other with the Loftis'.  It is such a blessing to both "re-unite," and meet new additions, and just enjoy fellowship with loved ones ( besides all the great food to indulge in )  :)

I have absolutely, positively, LOVED growing up with so many close cousins and hope our closeness never fades. But with it just being me and Colt, I never could have imagined the same experience for my own children!  While watching their creative games & big imaginations, I can't help but to relive my past a little bit.  I am so grateful that Hunter will know the special bond cousins can share . . .
I wonder if baby Lilly will look as much like her Papa Bob as our little man does ?
One word : Precious

After our September reunion with the William's side, we traveled to Waxahachie, Texas for the annual Loftis gathering.  First on the agenda was 'The Lord's Acre' where we shared a yummy lunch, exciting auction, and good fun for the kids.


Wonder what these two were scheming . . .
Next, it was back to Grandpa's for more playing and exploring on the farm ! 
Hunter discovered the hard way what Texas Fire Ants are . . . 
Showing off his stings like a brave little man
I soaked up the beautiful scenery while Kylie chauffeured me around on the gator.
Grandpa and I have plans to camp out here in this old homestead one day . . .     :)
Hunter's favorite - the "Moo Tows"
Caleb protected us from the "Moo Tows"
Nuthin' better than ( my favorite snack ) Peanut Butter !!
I couldn't convince these two that the PB & sliced bread were really much better when put together.
Lots of energy confined to small spaces ensures plenty of entertainment.
Having fun with my (still new to me) camera - I'm so excited to really learn how to work it !  Even though I thought a couple of these photos of my beautiful SIL turned out pretty neat !
favorite.
We missed you Emily !  ( and thanks Cara for trying out both ends of the truck for me - though my hubby didn't seem to think it mattered )  
It was truck time back at the hotel.  Hunter was fascinated that his toys could carry out their true functions, with Froot Loops.
Loftis Family Reunion 2011
What a joy to witness an answered prayer . . . ( and to see those blonde curls ! )  I sure wish we lived closer to these precious boys !
Not one, not two, but three new Loftis additions !!
Help! Poor guy needs a belt!! I'm sure Brayden will appreciate his longs legs one day   :)
When it comes to mud puddles, here lies the difference between BOYS . . .
and GIRLS

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. 
Ephesians 1:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment