Monday, October 24, 2011

Treasured Moments

Sometimes in life, God blesses you with a moment in time, in which you know you'll never forget . . . Hunter and I shared one of those moments the other night. 

He had fallen asleep a bit late for his afternoon nap but instead of waking up after his usual 2 hours, he slept for another 7.  So when he finally woke up around midnight, soaking wet and hungry, we made our way into the kitchen to grab a late night snack.  We had made breakfast for dinner and I had saved him some eggs and a pancake, which he was very happy to see and started eating with no hesitation.  So there we were, him sitting on the bar & me standing eye level, with the most precious brown eyed little man, sharing leftovers in the middle of the night. Hunter is a very slow eater so it took him about 45 minutes to eat those eggs, 1/2 banana, and couple bites of pancake . . . but it was 45 minutes that I will always cherish.  I know I'm a mother and therefor almost everything is precious, but the way he just sat there - so still & content - and conversed with me in his tiny voice, was definitely a moment that I will hold on to.  He was telling me ( doing his best with his limited vocabulary - which is so sweet in itself! ) all about anything he could think of ;  his school, teachers & friends, Lily, grandparents, zoo & farm animals, bible stories - he just kept babbling !!  Ohh, my cup runeth over . . . I just kept smiling at that little face glowing in the lamp light, and thanking God for this amazing gift he has blessed us with.  He made me giggle with how his little mind works and made my heart melt with his many unprovoked hugs and kisses that night . . . 
So when we crawled into bed a little later and he snuggled up against my chest, I kissed him and thought to myself - Yes, this was one of those moments I will always treasure, always remember, and always be grateful for . . .  Thank you Lord

My little man has learned a habit (hands on hips) of his Mommy's we may need to break . . . lol.  Especially if Granny is going to dress him in a 3-6mo outfit! haha


Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
2Corinthians 9:15

No comments:

Post a Comment