Friday, June 10, 2011

Hunter's 2nd Birthday Party with 'Melmo'!!

When it came to party planning, Hunter's 2nd birthday was easy... it had to involve "Melmo."  His love started with his Pamper's diapers which picture Elmo and other Sesame Street characters.  Then I started DVRing Sesame Street and using it as a "mommy helper" when I really needed a few minutes to get something done! (I know - terrible mother right??  Lol)  And it just took off from there with a Tickle Me Elmo for Christmas, DVDs for the car, books, music, etc!!  But who can blame our little man - Elmo is adorable!!
So for the party I tried to keep it simple and bright!  Just enough to please a 2 year old and to  keep an excited mommy happy!  I sent out cute invitations made with Hunter's picture & his Elmo dolls that read: "La La La La.... Melmo's World, Elmo loves his goldfish and crayons too; Please join our celebration for Melmo's friend Hunter, who is turning 2!"  I also created a cd full of fun children's songs, sung by Sesame Street characters, that played throughout the day. Decorations were effortless -  balloons, bright colored table cloths, photos of Hunter, and Elmo books that I already owned or rented from the library. The best part - 
God blessed us with a BEAUTIFUL SUN SHINY day!!
It only took around 50 tries, but I finally managed to snap a "good one," to use for his birthday invitation!!
Aunt Amanda & Uncle Mike were big helpers keeping Hunter happy & occupied while we sat up for the big event!
Hunter was very happy to see his Nannie & Papaw!!
Guests were invited to wear Elmo's Favorite color - RED!!
THE FOOD!!
I decided to keep it simple and serve Hunter's favorite food - Hot Dogs!!
I found some tasty little Sesame Street crackers, and of course we had "Dorothys" (Elmo's pet goldfish).

Along with an assortment of "red" drinks - I found Big Bird & Elmo juice boxes that the kids loved!!
Cousins & playmates - Payton & Parker helped us celebrate!!

Uncle Colt delivered 2 dozen multi-colored balloons to go with our foil Elmos... which somehow managed to fly off shortly after arrival!! The craziest thing - not one person saw it happen!! HA!
Our Little Cake (aka tate!!) Monster

It took some effort, but the CrAzY adults behind the lens' managed to get a decent snapshot of all the party peeps! Sure would be funny to read their little minds during theses times!!

"Besties" Kellen & Ava enjoying the swing and roller coaster!!


The dads took turns pulling the kiddos on their "sled."  
(This caused many giggles...)

PARTY FAVORS!!
Rubber "bubble" Duckies
Home-made, Sesame Street coloring books with the letter of each child's name on the cover
"H" is for... Hunter!!
Guests placed their guesses in the "Counts" box, as to "How many cookies are in Cookie Monster's Jar?"
I LOVED watching Little Man's reactions to opening gifts! His excitement was just too cute!! He kept saying, "Oh Wow!" and "Yea!" and covering his mouth with his hands!! Precious...
Jesus has blessed us greatly; We have such wonderful friends!
Payton, Davin, Stacy, & Parker Hicks
Mark, Jill, & Kellen Robertson
Abby, Ava, & Mark Milbrodt
Kasen, Cassie, Shelby, & Kenneth Moore
 Imagine that... Once again, we got pictures of everyone else but didn't take OUR family photo!! Lol
Completely worn out after an Excellent - Elmo & Friend Filled - Exciting day!! (He slept from 3:30 pm - 3:30 am, then woke up - asked for and ate a hot dog & water, then went back to sleep until 8 am!!)


To Hunter, My Sweet Little Man,
These 2 years have gone by so quickly... so wonderfully & perfectly.  Not that every moment has been "perfect" because we've definitely had our share of battles and tears!  But I have been so blessed to cuddle & kiss you every morning, hold & comfort you everyday, and rock you in my arms every evening.  You have brought more joy into my life, than I could have dreamed for, and you have surpassed any expectation I might have had when I dreamed of loving a child... You are truly a gift from the Lord.
This year you started out crawling like a baby, to teeter-toddering around, and now you're running at full speed like a toddler! My sweet, chunky little baby has turned into a precious, skinny little boy... You keep us laughing with your thousands of facial expressions and worn out with your endless energy.  But you truly know how to melt our hearts with your abundant "loves" "double hugs" and "sugars." You are a constant light in my life and may never truly understand (until you have your own children) how much I adore and love you!  I pray that the Lord sees His will through your life and that it forever glorifies Him.
I love you "Big Much" ~ Momma
"Grow in the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Get to know Him better. Give Him glory both now and forever. Amen." 
2 Peter 3:18

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! I wish we lived closer though :(
    And--can Hunter PLEASE teach his cousins to sleep for 12+ hours?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god! These babies are so adorable. I am going to share this post with my husband, he loves kids and we are going to have a baby in another two months. We are planning a welcome party for the baby in a beautiful venue NYC. It is going to be so very special.

    ReplyDelete