Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cookies & Milk - The Preparation

I am thrilled to finally start this new adventure!  I have toyed with the idea of creating a blog for probably a year now.  It's only logical, considering this will (hopefully) merge several of my current activities; photography keepsakes & albums, baby books, toddler quote notes, and journals (prayer & devotional, marriage, parenting, and life in general).  And for a busy mommy of a precious but needy 2 year old, consolidation is a time and life saver!  


And so it begins - with what you may ask?? I say - a title.  After fiercely racking my brain for something artsy or catchy, I calmed myself and thought about the essence of what I truly want to capture.  Of course the answer is simple... the warmth and love of life; both wonderful and difficult.  Adjectives started flowing from there; goodness, sincerity, togetherness, warmth, kindness, comfort, home, love, enjoyment. Which finally lead to two obvious (to me!) considerations: Cookies & Milk or Home-Made Ice Cream.  After a short deliberation, Home-Made Ice Cream ruled itself out due to the fact I don't think I've ever successfully made it, "home-made" is not a word frequently uttered from my mouth, and it's enjoyed best only a few hot months out of the year.  Where as, Cookies & Milk are an all time favorite, can be made from scratch or plucked from a package,  and can absolutely relate to so many aspects of my life.


My OCD tendency could easily take over at this point as I want to begin telling mine/our story with all of it's incredible details!  Instead I will leave this post tonight with one final thought... I am filled with little butterflies of excitement, and joy to the fullest, for what this new adventure could be!  This thought process has opened so many wonderful and priceless memories - Thank you Lord, for I am truly and abundantly blessed.



"This is the day which the Lord has brought about; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment