Sunday, June 5, 2011

An Almost Missed Opportunity

I was raised by two born again christian parents, in a fairly typical, southern bible-belt, church-going, traditional family - so more or less, I have been a believer & child of God for as long as I can remember.  I have experienced many miracles in life and can honestly say I have seen the hand of God work in my life as well as others.  I truly believe in prayer and faith, and the only way to Live this life and then join the angels in heaven - is through our Lord Jesus Christ.

In saying that... why am i surprised EVERY time the Lord is faithful, answers a prayer, or reveals himself so clearly to me??  Sometimes I almost feel shocked!  Which begs the question - how great is my Faith?  I've pondered this thought before and my conclusion is, that I am just a mere human, with a sin like nature.  Thank the Lord, for His grace covers me...

These thoughts were provoked earlier today, after I finally caved (yes, i hate to admit that I hesitated at first) to those ever so slight urgings from the Holy Spirit.  I (accidentally) clicked on the "next" blog which (randomly) selected another woman's blog.  Something (hmm hmm) caught my attention and I continued to read through many of her past posts.  I felt the (urge) to respond but had no idea what to write - I honestly couldn't and didn't even want to relate to her intensely difficult situation.  But as I begin writing, I quickly realized I didn't have to "come up" with the words.  And (it just so happened) this morning during a small group bible study, we discussed 1 Cor 10:13 and how God never gives us anything that we can't handle... which I instantly recalled and started pouring out to her.

But here's the (crazy) part, that once again, forced me to realize that God is in control (of everything). I was rattling away about this and that and what we had discussed when I questioned (hmm hmm) myself.  I decided to google the verse and the search response I (randomly) chose was this blog post (http://christianmind.blogspot.com/2005/08/god-wont-give-you-more-than-you-can.html) which completely changed my thoughts about the text!  I was stunned to think the tangent I had gone off on could have "messed up" everything!! Yet again, the Holy Spirit guided me back on track and allowed me to more accurately speak the Truth to this stranger.  I looked back at what I had written and knew those words were not (from) me, and I prayed in that moment that what she needed - God would provide.

As awesome as that was, it terrified me too!  How many times have I pushed aside the Lord's whispers, or gentle pushes and missed such an incredible opportunity?  Countless I'm sure...  Once again, thank you Jesus for your mercy and grace; for there is no one that has patience and forgiveness like You! (ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment