Monday, August 6, 2012

Luvin the Cuzins

We've had some fun times with cousins so far this summer . . .
Hunter absolutely LOVED having these 3 kiddos around the house for a few days.  
He's still talking about their visit and asks for Granny & Grandmommy to bring them back to "swim, and pway, and watch movies at bed time."  I told Andrew after they left, that we may have to just adopt a six-eight year little girl . . . definitely Hunter's favorite demographic.  lol  
1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . JUMP
And as a bonus, his swimming skills even improved.
We also have shared some fun times with the other side of the family and all those cousins . . .
The JOY is obvious
Most of the family were able to gather for a weekend of fun around the 4th of July
It was HOT, so we stayed in the pool as much as we could.
Hunter & his cousins perfected their diving board skills . . .
while the daddies worked on their balancing talents . . . 
Working on his cannon ball  :)
Love me some little boy snuggles
Pretty little Lilly
This last week just us SISTERS (yes, God finally blessed me with not just 1, but 3) got together with our (11) kids to have a family week of fun.
This was my first time to be a part of a "sister week" and we had such a great time.  Of course there were a few moments where children had melt downs or we felt like melting down ourselves, but how wonderful to be able to share such a precious time with each other.
Our family baker, Amanda, made this adorable cake to celebrate Aubrey's birthday
 . . . the fence was my FAVORITE
The newest additions, Alyssa & Lilly, got some of their own special cousin time.
Hunter can't hardly wait for his baby to get here, but until then, he LOVES loving on these two.
Makin' A Splash
We spent ALOT of time in the pool - it has been unbelievably HOT
Sweet Sibling Love . . .
On her way to the next Olympics?
Maybe  :)
Who gave the ninja a water gun?
This crowd sure can devour some food in a hurry . . .
The little snorter -- I so love that sweet phase they go through
We got a LAUGH from baby Lilly - so so precious
Mini Photo Shoot for these two baby beauties
Once again . . . I just can't keep this little guy from kissing on these babies
 . . . even if they don't always kiss so sweetly back  :)
So much love for their Aunt Amanda
He's my brave little man
"GQ" here he comes . . .
Our only teen . . .
And such a wonderful role model & helper
Beyond swimming, we managed to play a few other games . . .
This game of "pushing" each other sure was fun for some toddlers who usually get scolded for the action
 Who's Bigger??  :)
 Spoon Racing (animal crackers are much safer than eggs)
 Treasure Hunting
And of course a little IPad & electronic gaming too
 It's so amazing to see their abilities with technology at such a young age
And we even had a movie night
Our last morning we celebrated with a breakfast run through McDonald's and then a trip to the park.
"Old Post" will always hold a special place in my heart . . .
 I watch these two . . . and see my future  :)
 Next up, a game of "Red Rover"
Hunter could play this all say long
Though not everyone was interested in participating
 Monkey See -- Monkey Do (or try)
After FINALLY getting some rain the day before, it was nice to see the creek with a little water in it.  I was surprised with how many, and how BIG, some of those fish were
 We are truly blessed.  I love each one of these precious faces and am so thankful to be a part of such a wonderful family.  I absolutely LOVED growing up in a large extended, close-knit, family myself and couldn't be more thrilled for the blessing my children will receive growing up in theirs.  It's also amazing to relive it again, but on the parent side of things . . . it brings me such a clearer understanding of what my mom has enjoyed with all of my aunts for all of these years.  So neat.
 I couldn't pick a favorite picture . . . each of these are too cute in different ways . . . seriously, how precious is Alyssa in this one? LOL . . .
And my precious cheeser . . .  Melt

Yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
Habakkuk 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment