Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Surprise!!

? ? ? Guess What ? ? ?
It's official -- Hunter will be a Big Brother -- And we are all SO EXCITED
March 2, 2012
Two blue lines -- from two different sticks, bc one just doesn't prove it  :)  and because I was hoping the 2nd would be a BRIGHTER blue  --  haha
Hunter was super excited and couldn't wait to surprise Daddy when he came home from work
He insisted on 'hiding' them under the covers to surprise Daddy with  :)
I've had a terrible time keeping my lips closed about our precious new addition, but my hubby was all about waiting until "we know for sure."  So I was able to hold it in all weekend while we were with our dear friends in Hot Springs, and even able to not give it away to my momma (a huge struggle every time I talked to her).  But after aquiring many symptoms -- nausea, EXTREME fatigue, bloating (to the point I was preparing myself for any early leap into maternity clothes), and overall yuckyness -- I for one felt "for sure."  So before we left for our cruise during spring break, I let Hunter break the news to Grandmommy & Granny by showing off his new t-shirt.  They of course were thrilled but not completely surprised.   :)   Then I couldn't help but continue to spread the good news to a few other family members with adorable texts of my little man showing off his Big Brother shirt.  And by the time I left for our trip, it seemed as though only Andrew's side was still in the dark . . . so after some convincing, he went ahead and let them in on it too - Yeah!  (there was no way I could have waited until we all got together after Easter - an extra 4 weeks?  heck no )
Which brings us to today - our very 1st doctor's appointment.  Calculating from the date of my LP our due date was estimated to be October 29, which put the baby right at 11 weeks.  So today we were pumped to be able to listen to the baby's heartbeat for the first time with the doppler . . .  or so we thought.  Come to find out, the anxiety I had been feeling all day over the dreaded "what if there is no heartbeat" came true.  There we all were, mom, Andrew, me & Hunter -- full of excitement, cameras on, waiting to catch the sweet sound of galloping horses . . . but only static . . . and the ever increasing sound of my racing heart.  Thankfully my precious OBGyn, Dr. Seal, was calm and optimistic. (at least to our faces - she later admitted that her stomach was in knots too) She gently suggested we take a quick ultrasound to find this baby that was trying to hide from us.  As one can imagine, by this time I was silently panicking.  A few hugs and prayers with mom and Andrew and it was time to try again.  Almost immediately we saw a tiny being with arms & legs kicking & swimming all around and the ultrasound tech congratulated us on a perfectly healthy 186 bpm heartbeat . . . on an 8 week & 6 day old baby   :)
 What a huge sigh of relief and gratefulness for this wonderful blessing.  And how wonderful to not only get to hear the heartbeat but SEE our tiny addition thriving.
 I have to admit that I was slightly let down to know that I've 'gained' 2 more weeks in this pregnancy.  I mean, I was really counting on the 'more energy and less exhaustion' that was supposed to be arriving in my very near future as the first trimester came to an end . . . though it seems to all make sense now why I've been much more nauseated and yucky feeling the past few days rather than on the up-and-up.   
 And I can already understand what Dr. Seal meant when she said, "this pregnancy is going to seem like the longest in history."  You wouldn't think that 2 weeks would be that big of a deal, and in the whole scheme of things it really isn't.  But when you reach a new milestone (as in Week 11: baby's the size of a lime and the most critical developmental stage is complete) and then you have to go backwards (Week 9: baby is the size of a green olive and organs are developing) it just seems like FOREVER -- hahaha
 What's also concerning me is the weight gain and round tummy I've also been experiencing.  Things seem to be changing rather quickly compared to my 1st pregnancy.  My 1st maternity pic this pregnancy: 8 weeks
 Compared to 1st go around: 
15 weeks with Hunter   vs.   8 Weeks with baby # 2
 I felt alot better about it when I at least thought I was 11 weeks . . . bahh
Oh well, I'm so thankful for a baby with a healthy beating heart being "knitted together perfectly in my womb" I will try my best not to fret over size & weight and just focus on the blessing of growth.

Note to self:

Oh this:  bloating to the point I often look 5 months pregnant by bedtime.  tired & draggy feeling.  going to bed before 9.  frequent potty trips due to the tiny bladder I've developed.

New this time:  exhaustion - to the point of feeling like a horrible mother & wife for not having the energy or motivation to do, well anything.  chasing a 2 year old while feeling yucky.  feeling yucky pretty much after 3pm.  cravings of SALT - pickles, chips, spaghetti, backed potato rolled in salt.  aversions to sweets including all soda (which I craved last time).  weight gain - already 5 lbs - aghhh.  worry and anxiety over developing baby's health (i think because i know more now).


I also want to add a sweet note about the 'Big Brother' of the family.  He has been so excited and SO cute about all that's been going on.  From the second we found out, he's been talking about the "baby in mommy's tummy" and loves to show it off to whoever will look when I'm not paying attention and he is able to yank my shirt up - ha!  OHH, and how he has had us all a bit anxious to find out just how many heartbeats we would find . . . since EVERYTIME anyone asks him, "so do you want a brother or a sister?" he responds, "BOTH! --- Bunches!"  And when we would try to sway him one way or another, he stands his ground that mommy has "no--2 babies."  I'm really hoping he's not disappointed when we bring only 1 baby home.  :)  Hunter has also had to learn to be very careful with mommy & my belly.  He's soooo rough (always has been), but my yucky tummy cannot tolerate all the climbing/smashing/bouncing/jumping that he brings to the picture -- so he's constantly hearing, gentle with mommy and baby.  And hopefully the early practice will help later on after baby arrives.  But he's learning quickly and is already patting and kissing my belly and talking about what he's going to teach or play with the baby.  :)  One morning I'd laid down in bed for just a minute to ease a rush of nausea, when he came around the corner, walked up to the edge of the bed & quietly patted & kissed my arm & said, "just checkin on yous" then turned around and walked back out to keep playing with is toys -- Ahh, melt my ever lovin heart -- he's just too precious.  

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment