Monday, February 10, 2014

Hudson 3 Months

On Wednesday, February 6th, 2013, you turned three months old!
Your sweet smiles make these cold winter days warm

STATS: 
You're longer than last month and somewhere between 12 & 13 pounds... haha sorry, you're a 2nd child.  I'm doing the best that I can  ;)

YOUR LOOKS:
Hunter calls you "swobber" because you drool excessively and keep all of our clothes constantly soaked.
Your looks still favor your mommy, especially those round cheeks and nose.  I call you "my pretty man" all of the time and Hunter reminds me that "boys aren't pretty, they are hampsum."
And though I don't agree with those who say you look just like Hunter, I do think ya'll share a brotherly resemblance...
(Hunter at 3 months)
You've had a bad case of dry scalp/cradle crap cap.
  I've used dandruff shampoo, eczema creams, even rubbed you down with baby oil... nothing has helped and it has caused most of your beautiful dark hair to fall out.  :(

CLOTHING:
Gone is anything newborn.  And you are pretty much growing out of your 0-3month outfits (now filling out all of those 3-6month hand-me-downs) but I keep squeezing you in a few of them that I'm not ready to put away in a box.  :(  Slow down!
 My dear friend Mary gave this outfit to Hunter and I've once again enjoyed it on this little man.

SLEEP: 
It has been a little inconsistent this month following your immunizations.  This could also be caused from our lack of consistency in our daily routine.  (Hunter's KDO, my Fit for Christ, & other fun activities).  For the most part you are taking a morning & afternoon nap and sleeping from 8:30pm-7:30am and often throughout the night! AND in your crib!!  You still have a strong preference of sleeping on your belly, and you like your arms tucked tight underneath, covered securely in a soft blanket.  You also continue to snuggle/burry your face into my neck, crib, bumper, etc to sleep -- which scares me to death!
You look like your Mommy in this picture. Love.
Aunt Lesia gave you this adorable little hippo that is so soft and cuddly, plus its stuffed with lavender beads that can be heated in the microwave, and makes your bed warm & cozy.

EATING HABITS:
You continue to dislike the bottle.  I've now purchased and tried 4 different types with various nipples hoping to find one that you won't refuse - no luck yet. Boo.  You scream like you are dying and it makes you so upset.  Why can't I have a baby that likes both nursing and a bottle??
But you definitely aren't starving, you little pork chop.  ;)

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:  
You are giggling out loud & on purpose!  SO fun.  One of my favorite milestones.
You really enjoy sitting in your Bumbo seat 
And you are holding your head & back up EXTREMELY well.  You seem advanced for your age in this area... I'm proud for you, but please don't grow up too fast.




February 11 (almost 14 weeks) You rolled over from belly to back for the first time!  You continued showing off by doing it probably 10 more times, but of course you quit the instant that I got out the camera and haven't done it since... 
hmmm, you little stinker.
What you haven't accomplished -- happiness in your carseat.  You SCREAM every time we seatbelt you in.  It's so hard on all of us.  Traveling for any distances has become extremely difficult and has involved many canceled trips,  'pull-over-stops', and mommy arriving completely frazzled at every destination.  You become so agitated & hysterical that I've even thought about purchasing a new carseat since you and Hunter seem to share the same feelings about car travel.  Oh how I wish you would enjoy it, you know- sleep or just enjoy the ride like every other baby I know of does... it sure would make life easier.  Currently, a 5 minute trip to Walmart or to pick up Hunter from KDO is honestly daunting because of your screams...  At least I know that Hunter did the same thing and he finally came around, this too shall pass right??
Good thing I love you so much! haha

NEW DISCOVERIES YOU'VE MADE:
Your FISTS!  It's sooo funny how much you love them.  You suck on them or just stare at them constantly... 
they make you so happy.  ;)
You've also started noticing your toys!  Moose (which was also a first love of your big brother) and a colorful soft rattle toy that I hang from your swing & bouncy seat.
Lily (the cat) has been catching your attention as well and has already had her tail pulled a few times!
You enjoy your play gym very much! (it's borrowed from Payton & Parker & you don't care that it's pink)  I love that you love it - it's so different to have a baby that enjoys these kinds of things since Hunter never did.  You are just so happy & content to lay there and stare at all the fun things.
You've even fallen asleep while playing!  Again, so different.  ;)
You are also discovering this fun new trick
'sitting up' by yourself.  Now every time I prop you up for a picture you start leaning forward or do these straining sort-of-crunches.  

And lets not forget your tongue...
I think 95% of the time you have your tongue stuck out! haha  Hunter sure thinks it's funny (because it's a 'no-no' that he gets in trouble for)
You have also found your voice and are SO noisy!  You love to babble & coo & humm & even giggle occasionally.  I can't get enough of these sweet sounds.  You are most vocal first thing in the morning and sometimes we lay in bed and 'talk' to each other for 30 minutes or more before big brother Hunter wakes up & wants to join in.  I love these precious moments & conversations alone with you. 
We call you 'sensitive' hehehe.  You seem to cry over things, such as loud noises, much more than Hunter did.  A stern voice, a shout across the room, a cheer, anything the least bit startling makes your little lip fall and the tears start pouring.  We can't help but giggle and say, "oh remember?  he's . . . sensitive."
It's obvious, you clearly already love your big brother.  You watch him and smile at almost everything he does & says to you.  (although several times a day I hear, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" followed by your tears -- he LOVES you, he's just 3 & really rough)

LOVING YOU:
Well somehow you just continue to expand the size of my heart.  Just when I think I couldn't love you anymore, it grows a little bigger.  You are so many things I didn't even know I wanted... it amazes me daily.  You are a joy to love and care for.  I may not be able to 'get much done around the house' or be 'well rested' but my heart is full and I am unbelievably blessed.  I'm doing my best to cherish this precious time with you, that is already passing too quickly -- where did my sleepy newborn infant go??  I love your smiles, your sweet baby coos, the way you feel in my arms & snuggle up against me...  I wish I could bottle it up and save it for forever!  
Happy 3 Months Tiny Man
I love you BIG HUGE GINORMOUS MUCH,
Mommy


"But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; 
 let them sing joyful praises forever.
Spread your protection over them, 
 that all who love your name may be filled with joy.
For you bless the godly, O Lord; 
 you surround them with your shield of love."
Psalm 5:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment