Monday, October 21, 2013

Hudson 2 Months

On Monday, January 6th, you turned two months old!
We were all excited to celebrate, especially Hunter.
Stats:
1.10.13-- 11'8 (75%) and 23 3/4 in (50%);  Head 15.5 (30%)
Clothing:
Newborn & 0-3mo
I love the few new things that I've bought for you
But I love seeing you wear all of my favorites from Hunter's baby days
SLEEP:
So far so good!!  Though you prefer to sleep on your belly. . . and you scare me to death by nuzzling down into any corner or crevasse you can wedge your face into.  I check on you, re-adjust you, and 2 minutes later you are back in the same position.
If I were better at consistent scheduling, you would probably be AMAZING at this whole sleeping thing, because you have naturally settled into a routine very easily already.  It's just so hard to stop life, especially since we have your big brother and hate to limit his activities, just so you can eat & sleep exactly at the same time everyday... But here's your little routine:
8:30am: Wake-up time (If you wake-up before 7:45 then I usually bring you into our bed and snuggle/nurse you back to sleep for those few extra minutes)
9:00am: Short cat nap in bassinet or swing
11:30-1:00pm: Nap in crib
2:30-4:30pm: Nap in crib or bassinet
6:00pm: power nap (or you scream... this is a hard time for you)**
8:00-midnight: Goodnight in crib
Then usually you are up at 3 & 6 for short nurses
**From about 4-6 weeks you were perfect during the day and then a complete fuss bucket from about 4-7pm EVERY NIGHT!  It was soooo exhausting.  Mommy & Daddy would take turns walking, rocking, patting, whatever we could think of, to possibly make you stop screaming & crying.  Finally by the time you were 8 weeks old, things started to slowly get better.  Whew - Thank you Jesus!
Around 4-5 weeks you also had SEVERE baby acne.
It got to the point where Mommy & Daddy actually got a little worried it would cause permanent scarring to your pretty little face.  It covered your entire face, down your chest, and all over your scalp.
 I tried everything to get it to go away including different creams, lotions, and washes but nothing seemed to help.  Then almost as quickly as it appeared, it was completely gone by 6-7 weeks.  Just in time for another mommy-photoshoot.  :)
 Can't get enough of this pretty boy!
 First few smiles. . .  :)
EATING HABITS:
Still doing great!  You like to nurse every 2-3 hours.  We are both flexible, if you act hungry - I feed you.  ;)  Although, I can't seem to get you to nurse on both sides during 1 feeding.  You prefer to nurse on 1 side - play for a while - then nurse to sleep on the other...  hmmmm
ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Well, you are a SURVIVOR!  Hahaha
I feel like I am constantly protecting you from your big brother.  He's never being mean to you, he just can't seem to grasp the concept of "gentle."  He's sooooo loving and wants to hug, kiss, touch, pat and love on you every moment of the day.  He also can't wait until you are actually big enough to play with.
You are now SMILING!! Such a sweet milestone!!
Since you love being on your tummy, you are really getting good at lifting your head and even propping yourself up some.  At your 2mo check-up, your doctor was surprised with how strong your neck & back was.  
 
I call this your 'Cabbage Patch' face (it also makes you look like Mommy's baby pictures)
 I love your wrinkly little hands. . . 
 and your kissable jaws & pouty lips. . . 
Almost too much preciousness to handle for this mommy. . . 
Bye Bye Bassinet!! You are now sleeping in your crib, ALONE UPSTAIRS, during the night (this may be more of an accomplishment for mommy, although I can't help but stalk the video monitor) You seem to be more comfortable in your crib & the extra space, rather than the bassinet.  Good for you sweet boy
NEW DISCOVERIES YOU'VE MADE:
You still like to grab my hair but you now also grab your ear and play with it while you nurse.
Very early on you showed a preference to being held on our shoulder "upright" rather than being "cradled." And because you are such a squirmy thing, this causes for many bumped noses & noggins against my collar bone.
A BIG no-no. . . but you prefer to sleep on your belly.  I was extra cautious about making sure your neck was stretched (from my paranoia of Hunter's torticollis) so you have been given LOTS of tummy time.  And then I started letting you sleep in your bassinet on your belly in the living room since I had my eyes on you.  Mistake??  If I put you on your back, you sleep in 15 min stretches.  If I place you on your belly, you sleep for 1-2 hours.  What's a mommy to do?
So far we've tried several different bottles.  You don't like any of them.  We have however forced down a bottle or two over the past couple weeks.
You sit in your bouncy seat and seem to really enjoy looking at the toys.  You are so easy going and I'm so thankful that you don't mind to hang-out in other places besides my arms.  :)
At 10 weeks old you began reaching for toys
You've started taking baths in the big bathtub and you love it!  However, you don't like getting out.  You scream your little head off after every bath.  We aren't sure if it's because you are mad that we are removing you from the tub or that you don't like being cold.
Still sucking on your fists/fingers. . . and still refuse a paci.  :(
 YOUR LOOKS:
Everyone says you are so pretty. . . I sure think so!!
So far you still look most like Mommy. . .
Although everyone says they definitely see glimpses of Hunter & Daddy in you too.
I discovered a tiny birthmark on your left eyelid, much thinner & lighter than Hunter's and then also a large red strawberry hemangioma, IDENTICAL to one Mommy had as a baby, on the back of your neck.  Obviously I think it's pretty neat to share this special beauty mark with you.
Places I Went:
We traveled to Aunt Lesia's house for the Hicks' Christmas Party and to Nanny & Papa's house the week after Christmas for 5 days in Russellville.  All of your Aunts, Uncles, & Cousins adore you - especially Peyton, who acted like your little Mommy.  It was precious to see you being so loved and accepted so quickly.
You absolutely hate the vehicle to slow down or stop while you are riding in your carseat - stop signs, traffic lights, exits off the interstate, etc.  Daddy & I really try to make a point to keep us moving while you are in it because boy can you scream!  You get hysterical and produce the most pitiful cries and real tears.  It's heartbreaking.
You went "viral" as they say, when Pa sent this pouty picture to his cousin Debbie.  You use "the lip" for anything that slightly upsets or disturbs you and it melts everyone who sees it.  So then, 'Grandma Debbie' then texted it to several of her friends. . .  Your pouty lip was so adorable, before too long, they all started using you like "emoji" to express their feelings.  She now calls you her "hero" and we've lovingly added her to your list of Grandparents.  :)

Loving You:
Oh my.  I officially don't remember life before you were in it.  You are the little something I didn't know I needed and have captured my heart completely.  You are all things new and wonderful and yet you are the finishing touch to all those moments I've longed to enjoy again.  See the first time around, I couldn't comprehend how fast time would pass by or how quickly babies grew & developed. . . but with you I'm more intentional to soak in every moment and realize that you may not be "doing this" tomorrow.  You are such a wonderful blessing and privilege God has blessed me with.  And such a real life 'baby doll' -- I can't get enough of you!
Happy 2 Months Tiny Man
Hudson Ryder -- I love you HUGE GINORMOUS MUCH


But whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.

Proverbs 1:33

No comments:

Post a Comment