Friday, July 29, 2011

A Week to Ourselves

A few weeks ago, Andrew left on a "business trip" with work (I quoted that only because he went trout fishing on the White River and only met to discuss business a few hours during the entire trip).  Anyways, this was the first time I had been left alone overnight since I've been married! Usually mom comes up to stay or I go and visit friends, but this time it was just me and my little Hunter man - for 4 days!!
I laughed at myself later because during the first day - I did exactly what I wanted to do - NOTHING! I didn't clean up Hunter's toys, I left dishes in the sink, we played outside and swam in the pool from early morning until late that evening, then cuddled up & went to sleep next to each other in that big king size bed... Needless to say we had a great time! Day 2: started out the same way!! Then Hunter's nap time rolled around and I realized that I couldn't stand it anymore - HA - only made it a day & 1/2!! So I spent the next couple of hours cleaning up toys, dishes, laundry, & messy floors!!  Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...
.
We feasted on PB&J sandwiches, watermelon, and 'take' all week..
...my little plumber helped me keep the pool clean and the yard beautiful for Daddy!  
We played with our friends Abby & Ava at the water park! 
It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun until I did the UNTHINKABLE - I stepped in POO! And not from the visiting Ducks!!  It was absolutely disgusting... 
At least Hunter had a fantastic time!
I was offered a lot of support when I decided to start - 'Couch to 5K'
Even at 2, my little man still 'sucks' when he is sleeping like he's done since he was a tiny baby...  Maybe it's just a mommy thing, but I always think it's so precious.
This funny guy keeps me laughing every day!
On this particular evening, I asked him to brush his teeth first, before mommy would... When I realized what he was doing, I cracked up!! I guess he thinks he has to lay down on the carpet in the closet to brush his teeth, since that's where I lay him down (aka - sit on his arms and legs to hold his head still while he screams hysterically).  I love how their little minds work!








What surprised me the most about this week?? 
I had SO MUCH FUN hanging out with my little man. I realize that I do this daily, but there was something different about this week. We truly enjoyed each others' company! It was very relaxing & calm; I guess partly because I could give him all of my attention. Anyways, I told mom this after she came home from her honeymoon, and she said that she felt like 'God had given me this week.' I couldn't agree more... I believe God showed me that even as life changes, true happiness & joy is continuously awaiting us!

The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall praise him.
Psalm 64:10

1 comment:

  1. Brayden still does that when he sleeps too! I love it. Jack did it for a long time too. Love the plumber's crack hahaha

    ReplyDelete